I am Tracy Goyne, mother of 2, including my sophomore trumpet player JP, and I am honored to be the Band Chaplain and also the Freshman Mentor this year.
My family has lived in Coppell since 2000. From 2002 – 2010 I worked on staff at Fellowship Church in Grapevine and am now a Christian Life Coach. My background certainly speaks to why I feel passionate about serving as the band chaplain.
I have been asked "What does the Band Chaplain DO exactly?" My answer to that is this:
I work to serve and support the parents and students in the band. What does that look like?
- I will lead a prayer team of parents who would like to join me in praying for our band and any special prayer requests that I receive.
- Prayer requests will usually be sent to the team through email though on some special occasions (i.e.: before a big trip) we may meet together in person.
- I will also serve to be the "band family outreach" hub. This can include things such as:
- Hospital visits (upon request or invitation)
- Home visits (upon request or invitation)
- Phone visits (upon request or invitation)
As our band get geared up for the start of school and the busy marching season I will be praying for:
- The protection of our students
- Each student to have a good year academically and socially
- The teachers and staff that they will be energized and motivated to teach and lead
- Our students to have wisdom and discernment when faced with tough decisions
- Our wisdom and discernment as parents as we work to support our students.
- Give thanks for the opportunity this band gives our students to not only learn music and discipline but to also learn how to work as a team and make lifelong friendships.
- Give thanks for Mr. Mason and all of the Band Staff. I pray for their strength, leadership, health, wisdom and discernment as they lead and impact our band.
- Give thanks for the volunteers and all the hours they dedicate to making this band program a success.
- A successful 2011 band season.
Last Updated on Saturday, 26 May 2012 15:57